Monday, March 31, 2014

I Can Do All Things Through Christ...

“I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.”
I dont know how I can exactly put this. But its taking over so much of my life right now that it needs to be said. This simple verse from the Bible. Phillipians 4:13. Is taking over my life. I have always had a strong relationship with God. And over the past few months I have gone through my own list of hardships and struggles.  These are the times where one might stear away from faith and get angry. I have seen it happen to me before. I get caught up in not feeling well, I get angry, I start thinking why me? And sure enough I find myself in less and less devotion and prayer with the Lord. However, I am finding myself feeling closer to God than I have ever felt. I am talking to him all day. I am asking him to help me through easy tasks and feeling like he is right with me on harder ones.  There are so many times in my days where something minut happens where I think “Oh my gosh, thank you God.”
Well take today for example, I rode my bike to school. My class didnt get out until about 7pm. Its late January so it was already dark. Now I ride safe, I have lights on my bike and all that jazz. But its not me I am worried about. All the drivers are going every which way trying to get to who knows where. So I am about 1 block from home, on Valley View which is a pretty busy street. Some lady in a van, clearly not paying attention, clearly just moved to America… decides to pull out of the apartment driveway and almost hit me. Now if she would have hit me I would have flown into the busy street and been crushed. I immediatly swerved and yelled something that probably sounded like “AY AY AY” haha! I am sure I looked ridiculous. On the remainder of my short ride home my heart was pounding and all I could think was WOW God is totally looking out for me.
Rewind to about 2 weeks ago… I was on the 91 freeway stopped in traffic. All the cars in front of me were stopped. The car pool lane was still traveling at a speed of probably 60-70. I had my foot on my brake, at a dead stop in my little Civic. The car behind me (Black Izusu SUV, think it was a trooper, no front license plate) decided to no stop and ram into me as hard as possible. I thankfully had enough space in between me and the car in front of me that I didnt rearend them. My Ray Bans flew off, I jerked forward and was so startled I dont really know what happened next. I immediatly put on my hazards and start to get over. When I am safely on the shoulder, all I remember is saying out loud THANK YOU GOD! I could have been seriously hurt that was quite the impact! I look around and homie drove off!! where did that Black Izusu SUV go?  Well that really doesnt matter I guess.
What matters is, I was okay. And then of course I start to wonder, why was I okay? What kind of guardian angel is watching me and keeping me so safe?  Im going off on a tangent here but the only reason I wear my seatbelt now is because of my friend Michele. Michele’s life was taken too soon in a car accident about 7 months ago.  I miss her more than I ever thought I could. That girl touched so many lives. More than she probably realized.  In a way I am jealous of Michele. Her life was complete. God was ready for her to go home.
And then theres my Uncle Bobby. Uncle Bobby seemed to have everything. He was full of life, he had a great career and the best laugh you ever heard. Uncle Bobby’s life was also taken on the freeway. He was riding his motorcycle about 10 miles an hour when he was hit from behind. We were all headed out to the desert for a family vacation on spring break. Another life taken too soon. Uncle Bobby’s relationship with God was so unique and amazing. You could see it in his actions. God was apart of him. I loved that about him.
We are all here on Earth, doing what we do, living how we live and praying that one day we get to spend eternity with the ones we love. When God decides we are ready we go into Heaven and watch over our loved ones here on Earth.  I guess I have learned I am not afraid anymore. Because when death sneaks up on me, I want everyone to know that I am ready to start my eternal life.
All I can ever hope for is to touch at least one life the way Michele and Uncle Bobby touched so many lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment