Monday, March 31, 2014

Fifty Shades of Filthy

Day two back to crossfit.
Filthy fifty is on the whiteboard. Now if you don’t know what it is, it sounds like one of the 50 Shades of Grey books! WRONG! Its much dirtier. Fifthy Fifty is one of the benchmark crossfit workouts. It is one of the most hated workouts. It basically requires you to push yourself harder than physically possible. push yourself to the point of exhaustion and then keep going. If you don’t feel like you’re going to puke your brains out during this WOD, you’re doing it wrong.  So day 2 back at crossfit for me and Nikki (Recoil coach) tells me to scale it down to thirty. Ohhhh you just told one of the most competive girls in the box to scale a workout…. not gunna happen! I finished the whole thing in 38:42. Okay not bad. the average finish was about 40 minutes.. but the goal was 30 minutes. I of course was bummed I didnt do it in under 30 minutes. And my double unders where more like double under attempts. But hey an attemp still counts as a rep right?
This brings me to the 5 Stages of WOD Grief….
stage one: Denial… “Well that doesnt look that bad”
stage two: Bargaining…”Maybe U should scale the workout to 30″
stage three: Anger… “We JUST DID wall balls yesterday!!”
stage four: Depression… “No rep!”
stage five:Acceptance…”I think I could have gone faster.”

Once you get to acceptance, thats when you see how competitve this whole thing really is. And then you realize crossfit is more than just a workout. It’s a lifestyle. Yes it is a cult. Yes I am in a cult. And as much as my brother is going to make fun of me and call me a nazi for it… I am so stoked to be apart of this cult. Needless to say I am going to feel like $h#t tomorrow.
#crossfitpit

No comments:

Post a Comment